Celebrating 39 Years of Playing Badminton:
The Match Season Sept 2012 to April 2013:New Team: We are pleased to announce that we will be starting a new team in the Huddersfield Composite League this season. This has been made possible due to the succesful progression of younger players that have been developed through the Coaching systems set up by Brighouse Badminton Club in partnership with Calderdale Sports Development and Schools Sports Partnerships.
Teams & Venues for the comming season will be as follows;
- Huddersfield Composite A: Home Matches at Hipperholme (Wednesday 7pm start)
- Hudderdfield Composite B: Home Matches at Hipperholme (Wednesday 7pm start)
- Huddersfield Composite C: Home Matches at the Ridings (Tuesdays 7pm start)
- Huddersfield Composite D: Home Matches at the Ridings (Tuesdays 7pm start)
- Bradford Ladies Div 1: Home Matches at Hipperholme (Wednesday 7pm start)
- Bradford Men Div 1: Home Matches at the Ridings (Tuesdays 7-10pm)
- Bradford Men Div 2: Home Matches at Hipperholme (Wednesday 7pm start)
- Junior Coaching sessions will be most wednesdays at Hipperholme 6-7pm
- Club Nights: Wednesdays 7-10pm at Hipperholme. Two courts usually available for play. Check fixture table on this message board for updates.
- Membership fees for the season September 2012 to April 2013 £60 for the season.
- Match fees are £4 per match
- Summer club will run from May to Aug 2013
Match Information:Score Cards: Take care, ensure that score cards are complete and accurate: Incomplete score cards will incure a fine for the club and could result in the team losing rubbers. Score cards must be recieved by the League wihin 7 days of the match being played. Ensure that coppies of all score cards are given to Matthew, these are helpful in the event of a disputed score or lost score card. All Score Cards need to be signed by both Captains.
- Score cards need to be completed using full names, not just initials
- Must be posted, to arrive within 7 days: late cards incure a small fine. Note: The address to which score cards must be sent has changed this season. Avoid using score cards from previous seasons - use only new cards published this season.
- Players need to be registered before the match starts.
- Registration can only be done by the club secretary and we are advised to do this at lesst 7 days in advance to gaurantee that the registration has been approved.
- Score cards: The sir name needs to be written out, first name can be either initial or written out
- Score Cards: Rubbers need to be added up
- Players can be registered on the night by writing the name and address on the back of the score card.
- Results and Tables will be printed in the Telegraph and Argus every other Thursday.
- There is a new website; www.badmintonbradford.co.uk . This will be live from September
Fixtures, Results & Tables:
- Download 2011/2012 fixtures Version 1: September 2011.
- Hudderfield Reults and Full Table can be found at Huddersfield & District Badminton League
- Bradford Result and Tables will be printed in the Telegraph & Argus every other Thursday
Next Home Matches
|Date||At Hipperholme||At The Ridings||Home Matches|
Next Away Matches:
CLUB AGM:The last Club AGM was held at Hove Edge Bowlng Club in May 2012. A summary of the meeting and the minutes will appear here. Thank you to all those who contributed.
Club Members Veiws;
The views and opinions of club members are always important.
Here are some ways of getting your voice heard;
- Participate in the AGM: May 2012 - details to be announced
- Complete the Annual feedback
- Email a comment to email@example.com
- Post something on the message board
- Come to the pub after club night!
Brief Summary of Feedback:
Your feedback is important, it does inform club decisions. Here are some examples;
Some things people said;
- Make club nights better
- Organise less matches on club night
- Better attendance on club nights
- Access to coaching
- Grow the club through junior coaching
What We Did Differently
- Less matches on club night; Only one match per week guaranteeing 2 courts for club night every week.
- Coaching; Summer Junior coaching has started. Expected to continue throyugh the winter
- Make clubnights better: If you come to play it will be better.
Information about League Tournaments will appear here.
More Dates For Your Diary:
Membership Fees 2012/2013:
Membership fees were set at the AGM held in May 2012, are probably the cheapest in the area and represent real value. The full fees are £60 for the season. Discounts are available for people in full time education and people who recieve a pension. Please support your club by making a Prompt payment. Cheques should be made payable to Brighouse Badminton Club.
Brighouse Badminton Community Directory is gradually being developed and needs your help! The purpose of the directory is for club members to share their recomendations of local services, shops and community events. If you know a good plumber, or a good builder, or where to get a new racket, who can fix sports injuries, a good shop.....recomend anything you like....as long as it's local.
Help yourself and others, share your recomendations.
If you are a club member that runs, or works for a local buisness we can advertise that to, just let me know the details.
So.... if you need a re-string or a new racket try looking in the Community Pages
Remember.... the more you recomend the more useful it becomes for other people.
The more useful.... the greater the word of mouth, the greater publicity, the stronger the club becomes.
Play Badminton at Brighouse